Given the freedom and support to question, to probe deeply, and to make connections, Montessori students become confident, enthusiastic, self-directed learners. They are able to think critically, work collaboratively, and act boldly—a skill set for the 21st century
Hallmarks of our Montessori program include:
– Each child is valued as a unique individual: Montessori education recognizes that children learn in different ways, and accommodates all learning styles. Students advance through curriculum as his own pace, guided by the teacher and an individualized learning plan.
– Montessori students enjoy freedom within limits: Working within parameters set by their teachers, students are active participants in deciding what their focus of their learning will be. Montessori understand that internal satisfaction drives the child’s curiosity and interest and results in joyous learning that is the sustainable over a lifetime.
– Students are supported in becoming active seekers of knowledge. Teachers provide environments where students have the freedom and the tools to pursue answers to their own questions.
– Beginning at an early age, Montessori students develop order, coordination, concentration, and independence: Classroom design, materials, and daily routines support the individual’s emerging “self-regulation” (ability to educate one’s self and to think about what one is learning)
– Our multi-age classroom: spans ages 3-5 years old (PreK-Kindergarten) & 6-9 years old (First, Second & Third Grade. Older students enjoy stature as mentors and role models; younger students feel supported and gain confidence about challenges ahead.
For more information on Montessori education: http://amshq.org/Montessori-Education/Introduction-to-Montessori.aspx
First, Second & Third Grade
½ day Montessori Free
½ day enrichment available upon request $300 per month
$300 per month half day Montessori
$600 per month full day Montessori
Lower elementary supply list should have been emailed out. If you did not receive a copy please contact Montessori Director Rachel Fields at firstname.lastname@example.org.